Tuesday, March 1, 2011

April Cover Winners

We have winners for the April issue;


Front cover - Robin Cohen $10 check + 3 free issues
Inside Front Cover - Hilary Calgie  $5 check + 3 free issues
Back Cover -
Sean Snyder $10 check + 3 free issues


See the winners and 17 new Deal Divas here.

New Deal Divas are: Luisa Delgado, Dawn Oakes, Dana Schrader, Ruth Bucheger, Michelle Henderson, Samantha J, Amy Osterloh, Stephanie M, Jenny Kilner, Elizabeth B, Donna & Amy A, Jennifer Shipley, Jenny Dean, Alicia B, Angelica Flores, Jessica Daniele, and Christy Ghiorso.


Thanks to everyone who submitted. It's always hard to choose the winners.

 

April Contest Winner -- Front Cover


Shopping On Fifth Avenue 
"Everyone knows that New York City’s Fifth Avenue is a shopping mecca.  So yesterday I was walking around on fifth in the forties and fifties past such famous stores as The Saks Fifth Avenue, Cartier, Coach, Cole Han, and a variety of boutiques and chain stores.  It was a very gray day but in spite of all the snow in the suburbs, this street was clean.  But where did I go shopping?  Staples. And what did I need from Staples? The free post-its that I read about on the Refundcents site.  And I got them.  After I left Staples I proceeded to Grand Central Station for my train ride home.  Those who have been to this station know it is truly lovely – the constellations are on the ceiling and there is a multitude of stores and kiosks.  Where did I go?  To Rite Aid.  And what was I looking for? Lays’s Stax – after all they were on sale for $1.00 with a $1.00 Ups reward per package.  I had my twenty dollar coupon from the holiday savings program.  So I bought twenty packages of the chips and a container of frosting, it was on sale for $.50.  I turned in the twenty dollar credit and my out of pocket charge was $1.50. Then the fun began as the register printed one five dollar ups reward and nineteen one dollar ups reward coupons.  It took quite a long time to print all the coupons.  Because this is a city store, there were no wagons, so I carried as many packages as possible and went back twice for the additional packages. When I was done collecting the Lay’s chips, the receipt was printed.  When I got off the train, back in the suburbs, I was very near another Rite Aid.  I was planning to go in and use the ups rewards to purchase more chips but there was absolutely no place to park and it was really inclement weather.  The chips will be dropped off at a neighbor’s house to be included in the next packing of boxes for soldiers overseas. Pictured is my daughter and the products on bought in the city.  Her hand is placed on the receipt where the ups rewards started printing.  It is over 5 feet long."  Robin Cohen
See the 3 winners and 17 new Deal Divas here.

***********************************

No comments: