Thursday, December 2, 2010

My Successes: Groupon & Eversave

I had two successful savings moments yesterday.

* I finally got to Build A Bear to redeem my two $20 Groupon certificates. I also took in two $5/$25 coupons printed from their website. Long story short: I got a stuffed dog, outfit, shoes, sunglasses and tiara worth $51.84 and after my Groupons and $5/$25 coupons, my total out of pocket was $1.84. I did have to do two transactions, but they were totally nice. I was surprised they let me stack the $5/$25 on top of the $20 Groupon, but no problem. That's probably a YMMV thing. What put the frosting on the cake was that I got the two Groupons for free using my referral credit. So my true price was really only $1.84. 

* My other savings came from an Eversave Buy: A 8x8 hardcover photobook at www.pixable.com for $10 and free shipping. I  created it and stuck to the 16 pages. They were true to their word: the book was no additional charge and shipped free.

If you are a member of a group buying site (free to join) like
Groupon or Eversave, pass the word onto friends and family using the link they give you. You'll get referral credit which is free cash to spend when you
want to buy into a deal. Amazon just bought 
Groupon and the rumor is that it cost $2.5 billion!

Here is another Groupon that anyone can do, even if you don't live in the city:Pear-tree-greetings2Sioux Falls: $40 worth of greeting cards from Pear Tree Greetings online (think Christmas) for $20 plus free shipping. After perusing the peartreegreetings.com website, it looks like you'll get about 40 cards, ncluding envelopes, for this groupon.

New to Groupon?
Start here. It's free to join.
Member of Groupon?
Start here.



The Eversave today would be good if you have a young daughter or teenage daughter. (Okay, it might also be good for adults but only if you look like a 110 lb teenager - LOL). Get $80 worth of bikinis, tankinis, cover-ups, etc from SwimSpot.com for $40, plus free shipping. You definitely need to go to  www.swimspot.com first, and check out what you can get for $80. If you have a young daughter, look at "Hurley Girls". On "Hurley Girls", the first page are little girls sizes 4 - 6x, the second page are older girls size 7 - 14.  If you have a teen, look at all the other brands. For the $80 in credit, you could get two young girls' swimsuits. For a teenager, you could get one. Shipping is free. Eversave -- for Salt Lake City and other locations. You don't have to live there; it's an online deal.

No comments: