Monday, September 19, 2011

Shutterfly Photobooks Words of Wisdom

Photo Books

If you've ever ordered a photobook from Shutterfly, watch for emails from them luring you back. This past week I got a unique code for a free 8x8 hardcover book, just pay shipping of $7.95. I also got another code for 50% off a photobook in the same week. The codes are unique to my email address. I did order the free photobook yesterday, and was happy to pay the shipping.

I usually use Picaboo, but will switch around to get the best deal. Whenever we do things with the kids/grandkids, we take digital pictures. When I get enough semi-good ones to fill 20 pages, I make a book. Some have a theme like birthday or Christmas, but some are a hodge podge, like "Fun in 2010". I've got at least ten finished books now. Everyone loves to look at them, and for me it's so much easier than loose pictures or scrapbooking. One tip for a memorable book: I fill an entire page with a single picture if it's a good one. I never put more than 3 pictures on a page, usually 1-2. My favorite pages are always the ones with a single picture blown up big. 

No comments: