Monday, November 1, 2010

Try Me Free vs. Satisfaction Guarantee

There is a difference between a Try Me Free rebate and a satisfaction/money-back guarantee. Try Me Free rebates are no-strings-attached. Love it or hate it, you get your money back. It's a marketing ploy to launch new products. Satisfaction/money-back guarantees ask for the reason you didn't like the product. These are a little controversial because they can be used like a TMF's. I have mixed feelings about satisfaction guarantees. I have stated on the form that I liked the product but would still like the
refund and I always get it. Some people feel they have to lie to get their money back, but I don't think that is the case. Tell the truth. Maybe you were not satisfied because of something like the price, or the presence
of High Fructose Corn Syrup, or the taste wasn't fantastic. Or maybe you liked it and would simply like to be rewarded like the people who didn't like it. It's an individual decision.

No comments: