Saturday, March 13, 2010

GroupOn Info

There has been a lot of discussion on Chat about Groupon.com This is one of those sites that is taking off. Not all cities are listed yet, but most bigger cities are already active. Here is the explanation of how it works:
1. Each day something is featured at an unbeatable price, good at a local business in your area.
2. You only get it if enough people join that day, so invite friends.
3. Check back the next day for the next deal.
Groupon.com There are restaurant deals, entertainment deals, shopping deals, hotels, spas, theaters, etc.
Here are some of the Chat comments today about Groupon.com
"It's now in Raleigh, NC. I bought a $40 gift cert to Bavarian Brathaus for $20 last week. Seems like a great service! I'm signed up to get the emails, so I don't have to remember to check the site all the time."  Mindy W, NC
"We had a great time and the staff was awesome. We did $10 for 2 hours of gaming and dinner (sandwich, drink and chips) for 2 people. Normal price for 1 hour of gaming for 1 person was $6. This was the Indianapolis Groupon. I eagerly check everyday now."  Amber Z, IN
"Brandy, I really like groupon also. I bought the haircuts in El Segundo recently and the owner told me it took her 5 months to get hers listed as they have some sort of a lottery so it is popular with the owners but she sold like 60 or 70 of them so it really helped her when her business was slow after the holidays. She said another friend had a wine tasting place but it has been 5 months and it hasn't been listed yet and he is in the Valley. I almost bought the cooking school ones in santa monica but I didn't end up doing it but I have seem some really interesting ones. Thanks for the tip about Vegas since we are going there soon."  Susan V T, CA

No comments: