Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Kohl's Rocks - My Turkey Story





This is the best week of the year to shop at Kohl's. You get $15 Kohl's Cash for every $50 spent, you can use codes AMAZING15 or NOV15 to get 15% off, and they are having great sales everyday. Shipping is free on $50, or free in-store pick-up on many items.
Here is a list of the unique sales happening TODAY ONLY (11/24) at Kohl's.



We did our Thanksgiving dinner last Saturday because of so many scheduling conflicts. (Those with married kids will understand). I bought a 21 lb fresh turkey at Costco. Even though they were "fresh", it was still a little frozen. I was assured by the meat guy that they tested them last year and to follow the instructions on the Butterball turkey and it would come out perfect. The next day I cooked it at 325 for 4 hours, exactly what it said. After it sat for a few minutes, there were red juices in the plate. ARGH!@!!  The white meat was fine, cooked through, but the dark meat wasn't. Everyone had white meat. I told my friend what happened, and she said she cooks her turkey in an electric turkey roaster and it comes out falling off the bone, so that prompted me to check Kohl's for a sale. I got the Oster 22 qt electric roaster for a final price of $39 and am looking forward to better turkeys in the future. Having the electric roaster also frees up the oven.


I was hoping the electric turkey roaster would have a rebate, but it doesn't. I'm still very happy with my purchase. I will get $15 in Kohl's Cash bringing the price down to $39 for a $69 (reg price) roaster. I got 15% off with code AMAZING15, and free shipping. So....

Sale ($10 off) + 15% off Code + $15 Kohl's Cash + free shipping.



HEADS UP -- The dates to use your Kohl's Cash are 11/30 - 12/6. Kohl's will have a Friends & Family Sale Dec 2-6 with 25% off using code 25ATKOHLS. So not only will you be able to score big with your Kohl's Cash, but you'll be able to get more stuff using the 25% off code 25ATKOHLS.

I earned $15 Kohl's Cash for my roaster, so I'll be shopping Dec 2-6 AND use the 25% off pass. Kohl's makes it easy to get multiple discounts.


No comments: