Friday, November 27, 2015

Fitbit Charge HR $89.99 at Kohl's (reg $149.99)




One of the hottest gifts this year is a Fitbit. Sales are limited by the manufacturer, but you can get $30 Kohl's Cash right now at Kohl's wyb the Fitbit Charge HR. There are six different styles of Fitbits, and the Fitbit Charge HR is the most popular. When you figure in the Kohl's cash, that takes the price down to $89.99 (reg $149.99) which is the cheapest you'll find by far. You can't use a discount code.

You don't need a smartphone to use a Fitbit. You can sync it to your computer, ipad, laptop, tablet, etc. Fitbit count your steps, but it does much more than that. It tells time, calculates calories burned, flights of stairs climbed, miles walked, then charts it all for you in your personal account. You set goals for yourself, like my daily goal is 9,000 steps and 25 flights of stairs, then you get little "badge" rewards when you make your long term goals.  Here are my current badges from my personal account. I've had my Fitbit Charge (not HR, wish I had HR) since April. The HR tracks heart rate.




I earned my "8,000 floors Lifetime Climb" on Oct 12. I'll get my next badge at 14,000 floors climbed.
I have walked a total of 500 miles as of Sept 22, and am working on my next badge of 750 miles.

My best single day of climbing floors was 150 floors on Oct 12. (I live on a hill, and when George drops me a couple miles down, I walk up and it calculates the climb in terms of floors. It's really kind of amazing.)
I've done 10,000 steps in a day 47 times, the last time on Nov 11. I can see I need to step it up.


If you really want to get into the Fitbit life, you can also buy a special Fitbit bathroom scale called Aria ($129). When you stand on it, it transmits your weight, body mass, etc, by Wifi to your computer or smartphone, and will track your weight loss for you.

Speaking of FitBit, I've slowed down since the weather turned cold, so I'm determined to get back on track. I think I'll take a break right now and go do a little exercise, really :).


No comments: