Friday, March 26, 2010

ZenniOptical Rules

After a few years of using my ZenniOptical glasses, I knew it was time for a prescription adjustment and new glasses. I did what I did last time: I went to Costco for the eye exam, then with paper in hand, asked the optical department person to measure my pupillary (sp?) distance, both for close up and for distance. That took about 20 seconds. I then went home and clicked to http://www.zennioptical.com/ I ordered 4 pairs for close up, and 2 for distance. My distance correction is minor, but when I got the glasses, I was surprised that a small astigmatism correction could make the tv picture sharper. So now I keep a pair for distance in the family room, and the other on my nightstand for the bedroom tv. My 4 pair of close up glasses are more critical. There is one by each computer and one on my nightstand. All this, 6 pair, for $89.xx shipped. I can't say enough good things about Zennioptical. When I mentioned to the Costco optometrist that I would be ordering my glasses from Zenni, he got a puzzled look and said he'd never heard of it. Hmmm.. Everyone online has heard of them. It's pretty hard to even consider buying glasses from the brick and mortar store when you can go to zennioptical and get the same lenses in frames for one tenth the cost. Delivery took about 12 days. FYI: I don't get anything from ZenniOptical for mentioning them. They don't even have an affiliate program. I think word of mouth has done the trick for them.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am a huge fan of Zenni too and cannot agree with you more. When I went to see my optometrist with my zenni glasses, he was shocked by the high quality of the frame and the accuracy of the prescription. Great product at such affordable price. You would be stupid to keep paying so much more in other places for the same thing.

Claudia Meydrech said...

My husband has purchased from Zenni, too. My glasses are a bit more complicated, but the prices are SOOOO good, I'm considering trying to figure out a way to get them from Zenni.