Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Leaving For California

I’m leaving early tomorrow for California to help my parents. They will not be able to return to their home for up to 6 weeks, and my mom still has lots of health problems after just getting out of the hospital. I’m going to be their home aid - cooking, driving to doctor appointments, running errands, etc., while they stay in a long-term residential inn. Normally when I go on trips I work on the website on the side. That won’t be possible this time. I’m going to have to focus on them. I won’t be gone for the whole 6 weeks - my sisters and brother are taking turns, but right now I don’t have a clue how long I’ll be away. I’m so happy that they made it out alive and their house did not burn. They are getting the medical help they need, so eventually, life will return to a new normal for them. (Many Santa Rosa residents are not so fortunate; it could be a lot worse.)
In the meantime, my siblings and I are stepping up. For now, for me, the website will be on the back burner. Chat boards will be updated as always, but no updates here on Michele’s Updates.
Thanks to all who sent them cards. The cards are packed to go with me tomorrow. 

No comments: