Thursday, August 4, 2016

Better Southwest Referral System = 50,000 Bonus Points






A couple months ago I posted how to get 50,000 Southwest points when you get their Visa credit card and spend $2,000 in the first 3 months. Some people whom I referred never got the invitation from Southwest ):

 ** I just got a home mailer with a better way to do this deal. People can call Southwest directly, so you don't have to wait for an email from Southwest. Please email me: easter@refundcents.com with "Southwest" in the subject line, and I'll forward the info, including the phone number to call to apply, with my referral number so you're sure to get the 50,000 points. That should work much faster/better.


I've talked about my love of the Southwest credit card and points system several times. If you work it right (take the first or last flight of the day), you should be able to stretch your 50,000 points to 2-4+ round trips. For example, I looked at the points required to fly from Salt Lake City to Santa Ana, CA, and the first flight of the day on some days was 4,435 points. I could fly that ten times using my 50,000 free points. Readers have flown their families to Orlando for free. Also, each person gets 2 free bags, and there are no black-out days or assigned seats. You are charged the annual fee of $69 on your first bill, but think of it as $69 for several round trip tickets. It's truly win/win. 

FYI: Now that Costco takes all Visa cards, I use my Southwest Visa at Costco to rack up points much faster.
Costco sent me a new Visa with my membership picture on the back, to replace the old American Express card. I use that new card to walk in the door. When I pay, I use my Southwest Visa.
Happy camper.




No comments: