Thursday, June 9, 2016

Still Available... 50,000 Points For Southwest Rapid Rewards Credit Card

Just Checked, Still Available.........
50,000 Points For Southwest Rapid Rewards Credit Card
 

Note: I was able to refer people to this offer about a year and a half ago, and have waited and waited for it to return. Finally, I got an email today that I can refer more people, so if you're interested in some free flights on Southwest, here you go.

I'm a fan of the Southwest frequent flier program ever since I got 50,000 points for signing up for their Visa Southwest Rapid Rewards credit card, and meeting the purchase requirements in the first 3 months. Because these are points and not miles, I was able to stretch the points to four round trip tickets instead of two. (The way I got four round trip flights out of 50,000 points is that they were relatively short flights from Utah to California. The shorter the flight, the less points required. I have kept the card for 4 years now, and have made several more free flights on points.)

There is a $69 annual fee, but that is like getting 2-4 round trip tickets for $69.

I got an email from Southwest that I can invite friends for the same deal. I'll earn 5,000 points if you use my referral, and you'll get 50,000 points. Here's how it works:

Fine print:
* 50,000 bonus points after you spend $2,000 on purchases in the first 3 months of opening your account. Government fees as low as $24 included. That's enough for at least 2 roundtrip flights.
* $69 annual fee applied to first billing statement.
* 3000 Anniversary points after your card member anniversary.


If you'd like a referral to this deal, email me easter@refundcents.com with "Southwest Referral" in the subject line and I'll email the invitation for you to look over.  I can highly recommend this since it worked out even better than I hoped for me. You have to be new to the Southwest credit card, or not have had a Southwest credit card for at least 2 years.


If you watch carefully, you can get some really really good deals on early morning or late night Southwest flights. When we flew to San Diego in April -- at 6am -- it was only 2,600 points each way, which is incredible. The credit card program above offers 50,000 free points, so you can see how far that can stretch. Last time I referred readers to this offer, I got a very happy email from a reader who was able to fly her family to Orlando for her 50,000 points.


No comments: