Friday, July 11, 2014

My Latest Southwest Freebie Flight

 


On July 3, below, I talked about getting 50,000 free points for signing up for a Southwest credit card. (That offer is still open). I'm on a freebie high right now because I just booked a flight for hubby and me to visit my parents in September, Salt Lake to Oakland, and was able to get the whole thing with points accumulated from the credit card. Free flight!!!
I kept the credit card after doing the initial free 50,000 deal three years ago, and it is my main card.  I pay my credit card bill in full each month, and I charge just about everything to accumulate miles, so it's possible to get a couple free tickets a year. It works. Since it's Southwest, luggage is free, 2 bags per person, and the fees were only $5 per ticket. Yippee!


Tip: If you want to get the most out of your free 50,000 points, look at the first and last flights of the day. Those are often the cheapest with points. For me, these were also non-stop flights, so it was win/win for this particular trip.




No comments: