Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Fun Reader Story - Aimee Stevens

 Fun reader story:

 "Open wide, Ahhhhhhh."
My local grocery store, Meijer, had a deal on baby food just in time for the star of MY show, starring Baby Sophia, to start eating it! When I bought 20 jars of Beechnut baby food, I would get a catalina for $4 off my next order. I also had manufacturer coupons of $1 off when you buy 8 jars, $2 off any 16 and a few of the really good ones, $1 off any
4 jars to use. I would combine the coupons to bring the count up to 20 jars, example: using one $2 off any 16 c/o  and one $1 off any 4 c/o or using three of the $1 off any 8 c/o, etc. During the same week, Meijer had eperk coupons, which you load to your shoppers card, $4 off any $16 purchase (one time use only). Combining all these factors and doing the deal multiple times, as it was unlimited, and using as many coupons that I could print out off the Beechnut web site. I ended up with a total of 232 jars of Beechnut baby food, which would normally cost over $100.00, for under $18.00! Less than 8 cents a jar. I'm happy to report that the star of our show is enjoying her new role as taste tester, while her manager is finding it easy to stick to the budget!" Reporting from Michigan, Aimee Stevens

No comments: