Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Walgreens Money-Maker Shopping Trip Today

I'm back from Walgreens and this is how it went:
First, I cut four .75 Degree Deodorant coupons from the RedPlum insert of 7/31.





I headed to the back of the store where they have trial sizes. This is what I found:



I wanted to do 3 transactions. I had two free item coupons just received in the mail from Facebook:

* Free Aussie to $3.99

* Free Herbal Essences to $3.99

Both those are on sale for $3, with a $1 RR.

I also wanted to get the 24 ct Crayolas $1 with $1 RR. So this is what I did:

1st transaction
:

I bought one Aussie Shampoo for $3
- free item coupon $3
Paid .20 tax
Got a $1 RR






2nd transaction:

1 bought 1 Crayola and 4 trial size Degree Deodorants.
$1 + 4x.99 + .33 tax = $5.29
- four .75 Degree Deo coupons
- $1 RR from transaction #1
FP $1.29

Got $4 RR and $1 RR



3rd transaction
:

1 bought one Herbal Essences Shampoo for $3
- free item coupon $3
Paid .20 tax

Got a $1 RR




In summary, I got 2 big shampoos, 4 trial size Degree Deodorants and 1 box Crayons for $1.69 out of pocket, and walked out with $6 in RR's. So it was all free, with $4.31 in profit.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am trying to learn how to shop the drugstores...it's confusing though and I am not good at math

alecatte said...

@Polly, Try using a calculator and do small orders. I write down individual lists before I leave home and clip the coupons to the list.