Tuesday, November 9, 2010

This and That

The December issue RefundCents is at the printer and will be mailed Friday Nov 12. Expect deliver about Nov 24. It's not considered late until Dec 3. This is the last issue until Jan/Feb 2011.

I read today that Diapers.com and Soap.com were purchased by Amazon for $50 million, and Amazon assumed responsibility for $45 in debt for these two on-line merchants. Geez, I think I'll start an on-line merchant store selling xyz, and hope Amazon decides to buy me out. Which reminds me that I finally redeemed my Groupon voucher for $20 in products for Soap.com. I was impressed at how smoothly it worked. I got $21.38 in Tide HE detergent for $1.38 in PayPal. The order came super fast and was expertly packed. But really, how many people buy heavy bottles of liquid detergent on-line? This company is worth $50 million? I must be out of touch because I just don't get it. If someone had proposed to me to start a company selling heavy boxes and bottles of detergent, I would have said, well, duh? what about postage, who buys detergent on-line when the store is right down the street?? Silly me.

 

No comments: