Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Free Games at ToysRUs

Thanks to Tayler for this heads up on the free Hasbro games at ToysRUs:  Print coupons here:
www.playsaver.com
Pick up the rebate form at ToysRUs
"Toys R Us Hasbro games  Thank you so much everyone who posted about this. I printed out two of every coupon on the Hasbro website and went to TRU. I had limited time so I didn't get everything but I'm going back tomorrow.
Transaction 1: Battleship $8.99 & Connect Four $8.99 = $17.98 - $5 giftcard for buying $20 in Hasbro games ($20 is based on full regular retail, not sale prices) - $4 coupon on each game - $3 rebate on each game = $1.02 PROFIT!
Transaction 2: Gator Golf $12.99 - $5 giftcard (because regular price as $19.99) - $5 coupon - $3 rebate = .01 PROFIT!
Transacton 3: Hungary Hippos $12.99 - $5 giftcard (b/c regular price was $19.99) - $4 coupon - $3 rebate = .99
Transaction 4: 5" Elefun game $12.99 and Elefun plush elephant $9.99 - $9.99 b/c the plush was free wyb the Elefun game - $5 giftcard (b/c game is regularly $19.99) - $5 coupon - $3 rebate = .01 profit!
Transaction five: Twister $8.99 & Operation $8.99 = $17.98 - $5 giftcard - $4 Twister coupon - $5 Operation coupon - $3 rebate on each = $2.02 Profit!
Transaction 6: Sliders Sorry $14.99 - $5 giftcard - $5 coupon - $3 rebate = $1.99
I didn't have time to figure out transactions for the Cooties, Don't Break the Ice etc. so I'm going back.
Also sign up for the TRU Rewards card in store. You get a $5 giftcard wyb $150 in purchases.
I wanted to say that even though there doesn't appear to be coupons for Chutes and Ladders and Candy Land they may still be super cheap since you add up the regular price, buy just over $20 worth, get the sale price, the $5 giftcard and the rebate they should be about $1.33 each. That's a raw number though. The $5 giftcard you get isn't good until 6 hours after they activate it. So you can't use the card you get in transaction 1 to pay for transaction 2.It's a good idea to get half the games you want on one day and then use your giftcard the next day to buy the other half of the games you want.
Also...Does Cooties, Bop It and Don't Break The Ice qualify for the $5 giftcard? The sign at my store says wyb $20 in Hasbro board games. But Gator Golf and Elefun aren't board games and they did work. The rebate form is good through 4/11/10. The $5 giftcard wyb $20 in games is good through 4/3/10. I do not know when the sale price ends. I didn't see any signs about getting a free plush wyb Gator Golf and Hungry Hippos. I think it's only with the Elefun game. And I wanted to ask, my cashier today said I could buy all my games in one transaction and if I bought $80 in games I'd get a single $20 giftcard. I told him I didn't believe that and asked for separate transactions anyway."

1 comment:

Stormyshay said...

I really wish I had known the GC was based on the original purchase price. I just bought a bunch today in 5 separate transactions. I did not get nearly as good a deal since I thought the spend $20 was based on the sale price. Boo.

And I forgot to get rebate forms for these. Ugh. Now I guess I need to go back and do that.